Saturday, August 11, 2012


 In the year 1992 Playmates Toys began releasing toys based on the TV show Star Trek The Next Generation.
They Released hundreds of action figures and several ships like the one shown. Playmates Star Trek toys where instantly successful, and they lasted a lot longer than the previous Galoob Star trek toys from 1988, but that's for a different review.

 The ship in the lower picture is one of  4 that Playmates released. This one is the Space Talk Enterprise D. The Space Talk Enterprise D looks like the first version of the Enterprise D that Playmates released, but it is different. The Space Talk Enterprise, unlike the original does not light up, instead it has over 100 phrases that are supposedly from the show. Other people who own this don't really like it because it doesn't light up, as for my opinion, I don't really care if it lights up or not, I like it.



 The third version from 1994 had "battle damage" running up and down the the sides of the ship. it also had to pieces that came off, I guess that they where supposed to be hull breaches. I thought it looked kind of stupid so I didn't buy that one.

 The fourth one was made of gold plastic. I didn't know why they did it like that. It also looked stupid.

And finally the fifth version, made to look like the Enterprise D in the episode "All Good Things"



Not what I wanted.



No comments:

Post a Comment